This October, we celebrate the 100th anniversary of the “Day the Sun Danced,” October 13, 1917. On that day, many in a gathering 50,000 to 70,000 people at Fatima saw the sun dance in the sky.
To celebrate this event, and also to pray for so many who are in need in this world, Gretchen Crowe is promoting the “October Rosary Challenge.” To participate, simply make a commitment to pray the rosary every day of the month of October, which is traditionally set aside as a month honoring Our Lady. Indeed, on October 7 every year the Church celebrates the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary.
Ms. Crowe recommends five tips to getting the month started and making it through praying the rosary every day:
- Select a favorite rosary to use while you pray.
- Identify a time and a place that you will pray.
- Choose an intention to focus on during your prayer.
- Identify one person to join you.
- Pray, pray, pray the rosary every day for 31 days.
So, who wants to join me? I am usually pretty horrible at making these kinds of commitments, but I don’t want that to stop me. Let’s do this! Who’s with me?
Be Christ for all. Bring Christ to all. See Christ in all.